A New Hanbok Pattern Set

Greetings, Internet~Land! I hope this post finds you safe, well, and happy. Today I have a new BJD pattern set, and it’s actually pretty extensive. I haven’t posted a set with this many pieces in quite a while. It is designed for the MiroDoll 66cm male body, which will be modeled in the video. If you have a fella of similar size, it should work ~ just be sure to check the measurements of the pieces against your doll. The set includes pieces to make a shirt, vest, coat, pants, stockings, shoes, and two hats (though one hat pattern will need some adjusting as I mention in the video). All in all, I am very satisfied with how everything turned out, and I’m happy to be able to show you all what the finished products look like.


Working on a Doll Trunk & a New BJD Coat Pattern

Greetings, Internet~Land! I thought it was time to finish up some old projects, one of which is this Black Rose Doll Trunk. I also have two others to finish, but decided to film a bit of this one’s process. As my ebay listings state, each part of my trunk is hand measured, cut, and assembled. No kits here! I’m always pleased with how this design finishes. I’ve been tempted to make one of this design for myself!

Along with the new video is a new pattern. This Long Coat fits the Mirodoll 66cm Male BJD. (You can view the pattern image below the video link.) So sit back a spell to see this trunk come to life, and then grab your copy of the Long Coat pattern. Happy Sewing!

Let’s Sew a BJD Wig!

Yes, Internet~Land, it is finally time to address the subject of BJD wig making (or any kind of doll wig making for that matter). I have used my Third Scale Wig Pattern to make the head-cap, and then used the hair from a Halloween costume braid that I bought at Wal-Mart for $2.98. All in all, a great price for the result! I hope this will be helpful for you as you step into the realm of BJD hair design. I’ll add the link for the Wig Pattern here as well as post the new Harem Pants Pattern to fit the Mirodoll 66cm Male. I’ll also post pictures of each below the video link. Happy sewing & happy hair dressing!

Mirodoll 66cm Male Harem Pants

Doll Wig Patterns

Trying a New Pattern for BJD Wingtips!

Hello, all my friends in Internet~Land! I have a new shoe pattern for SD size wingtip shoes. This pair was made to fit my Mirodoll 66cm male BJD. His feet are 3″x 1 1/8″ (or 7.8x3cm). My previous patterns all turned out bigger than I would like, so I am happy that this pattern finally fit just how I wished. When making this pattern ready for scanning and printing, I adjusted the shoe to fit either foot for easier construction. If you would like to alter it to look more left or right, feel free to do so. When I make the soles, I use two layers of thick Dauphine vinyl for the sole, and another two layers for the heel. I glue the center of the soles and heels, keeping the glue away from the edges. This made it easier to sew them together without the worry of glue gumming up my needle and machine. Then I glued the heel to the sole in the center of the heel. These layers were then sewed together as I also sewed the shoe top to the sole. Once again, keeping the glue in the center made it easier to sew without having to push my needle through hardened glue. All in all, I am really happy with how they turned out and will be making more for my other fellas. Enjoy!

SD BJD Wingtip Shoes Pattern

Making Easy NO IRON Bias Tape Ties

Welcome, Internet~Land! Today, I have to admit to one of my own short-comings. I’m a bit on the lazy side. If I can find a way to eliminate steps in a process, you can bet your boots I will! Today I’m posting a quick video showing how I like to fold and sew my bias tape ties all in one easy step … without using the iron! I introduced my little Bias Tape Folder Sets a while ago, and I will be using this tool as I sew. I’ll link the PDF for the Folders below in case you haven’t printed your copy yet. Just click on the pink link to open. Hope it’s helpful!

Bias Tape Folder