A New MSD Female BASIC PATTERN SET

Hello, hello, Internet~Land. I hope you enjoyed the “video visit” in my last post. Now that my Resinsoul Xun has arrived and been opened, I have finished drafting her a Basic Pattern Set. As I mentioned in the video, this doll has the newer and taller 1/4 scale (MSD) female body with the double jointed elbows and knees. The Resinsoul site lists her as 45cm, but when I measured her (with her head attached), I came up with 43.7cm. I’m wondering if 45cm is the size of the original sculpt, but a little height is lost through the molding and casting processes. Her body is very similar in shape to their Mi 60cm body. This pattern set includes both the separated (4 piece) and combined (2 piece) versions of the bodice, as well as both the front and back closure versions for the collar. I also drew a dotted line across the four bodice pieces for drafting a slip, bustier, or strapless dress. A basic foot and sole pattern are also included for designing your favorite slippers. The foot upper has a 1/8″ seam allowance, but the sole doesn’t include one. It is drafted to to the actual foot shape, so remember to flip it for fitting the other foot. Also remember that the bodice front and back pieces (in both versions) do not include overlap for closures. You will need to add it in the appropriate place when drafting your fashions.

I’m also posting the MiroDoll Leo Wig Pattern Set. His head seemed a little bit smaller than some of my other MSD size dolls (Ellowyne Wilde and Evangeline Ghastly), so I thought there might be others out there that could also use a pattern that’s a bit more specifically sized. It is linked and shown below Xun’s Basic Set. My hand surgery is swiftly approaching, so I wanted to get these finished and posted with plenty of time to spare. Happy sewing, my friends!

I Missed You!

Hello, hello, Internet~Land! Since I’ve had to take a back seat to sewing, I haven’t made as many videos lately ~ but I miss chatting with you all. So…. I decided to do just that. In this video, I thought we’d take a few minutes to go over some of the unique aspects of the latest pattern additions as well as enjoy a quick unboxing. For those interested, I’ll also give a small update about my hand situation at the end. For the most part, though, I just wanted to connect in a more personal, face-to-face way.

I also wanted to post a new Mori Style Pattern Set for HuaRong. I have been designing so many patterns for the fellas and thought my girl needed some more attention. This set will also provide more garment pieces to mix and match with the first Mori set. I hope you will enjoy the video and this new pattern (linked and pictured below the video). Lots of love to you all for a wonderful Mother’s Day weekend!

The Third SD BJD Pattern in Our Mini-Series

Greetings, Internet~Land. So, my latest pattern projects have been a small “series” featuring three different types of pants: the front drape harem pants, the front wrap-pleat pants, and the side-snap pants. Up to this point, all three have been finished and posted in the MSD (1/4 scale) size, and now this is the last one of the three for the SD (1/3 scale) size. This set has the pants, a baseball style T-shirt, and pieces for a set of slippers. The waistband of the pants can be sewn in two different ways. The first is to have the back and fronts separate, so the front and back connect at the waist with snaps. The other is to join all the waistband pieces and have the pants connected with a solid waist, having the snaps just down the sides of the legs. On this second method, just be sure the side overlap is sewn into the waistband so it doesn’t mess up the overlap for the side snap placements.

Since I haven’t made as many patterns for the MSD 44cm body, I tried to have those patterns contain some simple style tops: a T-shirt, a turtleneck, and a pullover hoodie. I thought these would give some good pieces as a basis for designing and modifying other items. The larger SD patterns include some more specifically designed pieces, since several basic styles are already available here on the site. Plus, my larger guys needed some new concert performance pieces. heeheehee!

As far as an update ~ my hand surgery is scheduled for mid-May. They’re going to make an incision on the top of my hand/wrist, lift up each tendon, and trim away the excess membrane build-up. Hopefully, that will allow the tendons to once again glide smoothly and have full range of motion. It’s been quite a job to navigate through all the paperwork that needs to go everywhere, but I think at this point I have done everything I can for the time being. It’s been very interesting that all the health histories and pre-visit/pre-surgery information is done online now. So much has changed in just five years!

I’m not sure how much more I’ll get done between now and my “event,” so in the meantime, I hope you have fun sewing and experimenting with these designs. Enjoy!