Hello, hello, Internet~Land! I hope you’re having a good weekend … or week ~ whatever day it might be for you. I have thoroughly enjoyed my Saturday. I was able to take a BUNCH of old, dead electronics to the recycling center, pay my house payment, restock the cat food, buy the complete series DVD set of Quantum Leap, and spend the day (& have lunch) with my mom! All in all, a very enjoyable day! After Mom headed home, I edited my new video and finished preparing the new pattern set for today. Now I can sleep well knowing I got a lot accomplished.
YouTube has lots and lots of BJD stringing videos, but I kinda do it a little differently. I like to keep all the elastic knots in the torso rather than in the head. This makes it easier for me to reposition or change out eyes because the head is no longer filled with knots and excess cord. I found that if I want to tighten the elastic, I usually ended up taking the doll all apart anyway, so this method suits my purposes. I hope it’s helpful.
The new pattern set is a Kimono Set for my new Angell Studio HuaRong. Since her figure is fuller and more defined than my other 1/3 scale gals, I needed to make a new dress bodice that would fit her waist and hips. I’m not sure, but it may also work for the curvier Ipplehouse girls. As always, lots of love, and Happy Sewing!